It’s that time of year where everyone is in a rush. You have gifts to buy and very shortly, bills to pay, then you can rest a couple months before doing it all over again. All that hurrying and stressing has another affect, weight gain. The bad thing about holiday weight gain is it usually sticks with into the New Year. That’s why you’ll see lots and lots of commercials and ads telling you how to lose weight fast at the beginning of 2016.
But why wait until the beginning of the year to lose weight? You can use this guide that I’ve created to lose body fat starting today.
What Fast Means
People ask me all the time how they can lose weight or drop fat fast. They really don’t like what I tell them but here goes. Be careful of taking the weight off “fast,” because it will most likely come back even faster. You didn’t gain it “fast,” it probably took a while; months or even years to get to this point. You have to give your body time to rid itself of the fat, the best way to do that is for your body to burn off the fat through the strenuous activities you put it through.
How Fast is Fast?
Most health and wellness experts, including myself, like to approach “fast” weight loss with caution coupled with knowledge. One pound is made up of 3500 calories. Dropping or burning off 3500 calories through exercise, elimination and proper eating is how you get your body to “burn” or use excess fat. By exercising strenuously, meaning you can feel the intensity and are probably sweating, and eating food that fuels your cells, you can drop anywhere from ½ pound to 2 pounds per week safely. Shedding weight at this rate helps your body adjust properly and quickly and keeps it sustained and satiated (feeling full or satisfied) throughout your weight loss journey.
The Starting Point
Now before you run off and buy a gym membership, you have to know where you are right now. There are several factors that will determine how fast you can actually lose the weight:
- Overall Health
- And Mindset
You’ll need to create a journal so you can keep track of the following:
- What you’re doing
- When you do it
- When you eat
- What you eat
- How you feel
You can’t manage what you don’t measure!
That saying says a whole lot in a few words. Tracking is the key to your success and the lack of tracking will lead to your failure to be successful.
Setting healthy goals at the start of an ongoing program can help you change and improve your physical activity and eating habits. To set goals that are right for you, think about what you want to change and why, and what steps you can take to reach your goal. These changes don’t have to be big. Even small steps can make a difference. Also, think about who can help you, and how you’ll reward yourself for making these changes.
- Make a choice – Look at your body, your quality of life. What do you really want to have?
- Be specific – Leave no detail left behind.
- Find Your Reason – Now that you know what you want to change, ask yourself WHY?
- Form your plan – What is it going to take to get there? What are you going to have to do?
- Take action – Do you know what the number one cause of failure is in most people’s lives? Never taking action. We develop these comfort zones and become afraid to step out of those boundaries and really go after our goals. We know that we must change; we know that we have to follow our plan to be happy, but seldom do. Do not let your written plan of action go to waste. Start immediately on working towards your goals!
Get Your Resources in Place
I’ve compiled a list of resources that you need to put into your “Fat Loss Toolbox.” You may not use all of them right away, but you WILL use all of them at some point. So you might as well get them all together so they’re ready to go when you need them.
- Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large
- GymBoss App: The perfect timer to use during workouts. You set up the intervals, it beeps you when you start and finish. When it stops, you’re done. (Android or iTunes)
- MyFitnessPal: Use this app to track your meals and caloric expenditures.
- RunKeeper: This app not only tracks your runs and walks, you can also use it to track ANY workout you do. The best thing is it syncs with MyFitnessPal so you post once and update 2 apps.
- 2000lbs Static Strength Exercise Stability Ball with Pump
- Cap Barbell Medicine Ball
- Jump Rope – 100% Lifetime Guarantee – Premium Quality, Adjustable Crossfit Speed Rope – Best for Double Unders – WOD – Boxing – Fitness – Includes Carry Case & Spare Screw Kit – Free Workout Ebooks
- Power Block GF-SPDBLK24 Adjustable SpeedBlock Dumbbell
- Muscle Roller – Massage Stick 16″ – Get Instant Relief from Cramping, Tightness and Soreness in the Legs after Exercise. This is the Smaller Version of our #1 Best Seller…
- Bowflex TreadClimber TC10
Fat Loss Essentials
You will be glad to know that you can lose body fat fast by following these three simple steps.
Do More Cardio: Cardio (which is short for cardiovascular training) has long been recommended as the preferred means of burning fat. Women really underestimate the powerful fat-burning effects that cardio has on their workouts. Whether you ride a bike, jump rope, glide on the elliptical trainer or shoot some hoops, cardio is essential to allowing your body to burn excess fat.
While you are performing any of the above or similar activities, you are causing your body to work harder to keep blood pumping. All that pumping requires extra energy for your cells, heart, lungs and circulatory system to keep up. So, where does your body get this energy? It comes from stored, excess fat.
Just think of that run or fast walk as a way of trimming your tummy, thighs and tush, bit by bit.
Get to the Core: Your core is comprised of your upper and lower abdominal muscles, obliques; muscles that run vertically on your sides and the muscles of your lower back. Together, these muscles form the girdle that protects your internal organs and gives you the strength and support your body requires. In order to perform everyday tasks such as standing, walking upright, tossing a ball and vacuuming or sweeping, you need a strong core.
If your core isn’t strong, your entire body is weak and won’t perform properly during daily activities.
Core exercises can be as simple as tossing a weighted ball from side to side while standing. Core muscles are also engaged when you perform a plank move, your body is extended and you are resting only on your elbows and tippy toes. A more advanced core move is a full, bent knee sit-up, with no one holding your ankles.
Eat Less Carbs: There’s that word again, carbs! It strikes fear in the hearts of many. There is so much information about carbs or carbohydrates, that when you hear the word, people just cringe.
No need to worry, carbs are good for you, they give you energy and keep you feeling satisfied long after you eat. The bad news is many women eat too much of the wrong type of carbs. I am referring to carbs that are made up of ingredients such as refined sugar, white flour and white rice. These carbs have all been stripped of their nutrients and processed right out of the “health-o-meter.” Your best bet are complex carbs which are made from whole grains and have the hull intact. An example of complex carbs are brown rice, sweet potatoes and whole wheat breads.
Your Eating Plan
Although I don’t tell my clients to buy supplements, I do recommend the ones that have worked for me. One of the best that I’ve used is Hydroxycut. I have used it since I first started competing in 1999. It helped me to drop fat and look sculpted. I only mention it here because I am laying out a complete plan for fat loss. This is the ONLY WAY to use Hydroxycut safely and effectively; alongside a complete plan that includes proper eating and exercise.
Along with taking Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite-Svetol Green Coffee Bean Extract Formula, 100ct, 100mg Coleus Forskohlii, 56.3mg Yohimbe, 200mg Green Coffee, 100mg L-Theanin, as detailed on the label not “as much as you want,” you have to get your eating in order. Follow this simple strategy for success:
- Eat every 3-4 hours
- Eat protein with every meal
- Eat as many and as much different vegetables as you want
- Limit complex carbs like rice, potato and pasta to workout days. You have to earn your carbs, so if you workout that day, you can have carbs at the next meal that takes place AFTER your workout.
- Drink 8, 8oz glasses of water per day, everyday
- Supplement Sensibly: Sensible supplementation promotes fat loss without losing muscle by supplying the essential nutrients necessary to increase or maintain lean muscle tissue.
The Result: Your body is more prepared to fight illnesses and has the raw materials necessary to achieve a lean, fit physique.
In a perfect world, we would eat perfectly balanced meals that contain just the right amount of each vitamin that we need for optimal health and well-being without adding calories that lead to weight gain. Whole food supplements serve as buffers in the event that your diet does not meet your daily requirements. At the very least, a whole food nutrient complex such as Prograde’s VGF+25 is insurance against unavoidable dietary shortcomings no matter how you eat.
Your Workout Plan
Resistance training is the superior method of exercise for reshaping your body and shedding unwanted fat. Want to raise your metabolism? Start by understanding that the main tissue that burns calories is muscle, even at rest. Muscle is in essence, your fat burning machinery.
The surest way to raise your metabolism and burn fat is to build and maintain muscle.
Resistance training is performed by using weights, machines and even your own body weight to effectively work your muscles. The goal of resistance training is to gradually and progressively overload your muscles so they grow stronger. This signals your body that it’s growing and healthy, not deprived and starving.
As you increase your lean body mass, you increase your metabolic rate and this makes it easier to lose fat. With a faster metabolism, you’ll burn more fat all day long – even while you’re sleeping! Fat doesn’t require any energy at all to maintain – it just sits there. That’s why resistance training takes priority over cardio based exercise for people who want to lose body fat. Resistance training addresses the core of the problem – the rate at which the body uses
Here’s a basic plan for you to use in constructing your workout plan.
- Strength Training: 2-3 Times per week, 30 minutes per session
- Cardio Workouts: 5 Times per week, 30 minutes per session
- Flexibility Exercises: 5-10 minutes after each workout
- Balance Exercises: Include 1-2 exercises in each workout
To get more bang for your buck or rather more fat burn for the time you spend working out, you should incorporate HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). You can achieve twice as much in half the time by using HIIT.
A HIIT workout is pretty simple to construct, you just do your regular exercises for strength training, BUT add in cardio intensive moves such as Burpees, Jumping Jacks, Squat Jumps, Lunges, Plyometrics and other “sweat-causing” moves. A HIIT workout can be completed in 30 minutes or so, but you’ll feel like you worked out for 2 hours. That’s a good thing!
Being Successful with Your Plan
The success of your weight loss plan rests on how closely you follow the steps that I’ve laid out for you. There are a couple more steps for you to put in place.
- Schedule Everything: It’s too easy to make excuses NOT to workout, prep your meals or get your workout bag together. Get out your scheduler and set aside time to do each of them. If it’s on your schedule, you’ll most likely do it.
- Get Support: You are NOT an island and you really don’t have to do this alone. If your family, friends and loved ones are so inclinded, get them to help you. But, don’t be disappointed or disillusioned if they don’t support you. There are plenty of places where you can enlist support on your journey to weight loss success. There are online groups and in-person groups you can join. Use the Internet to find either, if you need to.
How to Lose Body Fat Fast Kit
The How to Lose Body Fat Fast Kit consists of the exact eating plan and workouts you need to put in place that basically guarantee your success.
1 Stretching Video
7 Day Fat Burning Plan:
- 7 Day Extreme Diet:Real food. No pills. No gimmicks. You eat, you lose fat. Clients who’ve used this eating plan have lost between 4 and 11 pounds in the 7 day period.
- Workouts: 5 30-minute fat-burning workouts
The Fat Loss Secret Kit:
This is a collection of reports on nutrition, exercise and supplements designed to help you kick start the fat burning process. By following these guidelines, you can practically guarantee you WILL turn your body into a 24/7 fat burning machine.
- Fat loss and muscle building recipes
- Supplement secrets and guidelines
- Fat loss tips you won’t find anywhere else